Cotehele

Tudor House with Magnificent Formal gardens and Valley Garden with Medieval Stewpond and Dovecote

The Edgcumbes acquired Cotehele in 1353 and in the fifteenth century, Sir Richard Edgcumbe and his son Piers made alterations to the house and also laid out the garden, the bones of which can still be seen today. Sir Richard had been knighted after supporting Henry Tudor against Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth, 1485. MORE >