Spectacular Woodland Gardens with Views Across the Beaulieu River

Evidence of a manor at Exbury dates from thirteenth century and by 1718 the house was owned by a William Mitford. In early 1880s, Exbury was bought by Major John Forster who sold the estate in 1919 to Lionel de Rothschild. Using the architects Messrs Romaine-Walker and Jenkins, de Rothschild remodelled and enlarged the house and garden. MORE >