The 30 acre garden is one of the oldest gardens in Cornwall.
Features include the Parc Lye with its spectacular bluebells, the ponds, the Flower Garden, the Broadwalk and the more recent New Zealand Garden. There are also some fine specimen trees.
The Enys Estate is now run by the Enys Trust. Its aim is to restore the garden to its former glory.
The gardens are open on several days a week during the opening period.
Enys has been owned by the same family since the 13th century. There is no record of the original dwelling although the E-shaped house built during the Tudor period was burnt down in 1820. The current house was constructed between 1830 – 1836 with further improvements made before 1939. Enys was requisitioned during the Second World War and apart from a brief period when it was a boys’ school, it remained uninhabited until 2011. It has since been renovated.
The woodlands and gardens were laid out at the end of the 17th century and updated in the 18th century.
In 1833, Henry Harrison redesigned the gardens but the estate was later abandoned until the mid-20th century.