Search results
  • Filter your Search

  • Clear
View from the house over the gardens at Canons Ashby in Northamptonshire

Canons Ashby

Daventry, Northamptonshire

The estate was given to Sir Francis Bryan in 1537 after the Dissolution of the Monasteries and was bought the following year by Sir John Cope.

Read More »
Rill in the gardens at Coton Manor, Northamptonshire

Coton Manor

Northampton, Northamptonshire

The house was erased to the ground during the Civil War and rebuilt in 1662 from stone taken from the nearby Holdenby Palace. In 1919, Murdo Munro bought Coton Grange Farm from the Boughton-Leigh family….

Read More »

Cottesbrook Hall

Northampton, Northamptonshire

Cottesbrooke Hall was built between 1702 and 1711 and enlarged in the late eighteenth century by Robert Mitchell. Set in an eighteenth century park, the gardens were laid out in 1937 by Robert Weir Schultz and Geoffrey Jellicoe….

Read More »

Deene Park

Corby, Northamptonshire

Robert Brudenell was buried at Deene Park in 1514, and his son continued to enlarge the estate; Queen Elizabeth was entertained here in 1566. In 1606, the house was inherited by Thomas Brudenell who was created Earl of Cardigan in 1660….

Read More »
Walled Garden at Kelmarsh in Northamptonshire

Kelmarsh

Kelmarsh, Northamptonshire

William Hanbury commissioned James Gibbs to design a new house in 1728; it was completed by 1737. The gardens were redesigned in the twentieth century by Geoffrey Jellicoe for Nancy Lancaster….

Read More »