Tintinhull

An Intimate Arts and Crafts Garden

The Manor belonged to the Cluniac Priory of Montacute until the Dissolution in 1539 when it was granted to Sir William Petre, Secretary of State to Henry VIII. Petre let part of the Estate to Edward Napper and in 1722 Andrew Napper added the classical west façade and forecourt. John Napper died in debt in 1791 and the following year, his wife sold the house.  MORE >